The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return.

Friday, April 9, 2010

The BOM

The Book of Mormon

One of my favorite things to read is The Book of Mormon. Its refreshing and very uplifting and for the last couple of days I have taken a copy of it with me to school. While on my breaks and lunch I will read a couple chapters in it and also read my patriarchal blessing if there is some time left before I have to begin class again. I love reading this book. It gives me so many insights and things to think about. Its an adventure and a road of war. It also is so spiritual and so wonderful. I'm glad to have it in my life.

I'm trying to be better at reading the scriptures. Its something that makes my day better rather than making it smokey. You see, two of the girls in my class in school smoke. Usually for their break that is what they do. They smoke. For the first couple of times I would go out and talk to them while they smoked. I know its been like a week, but i'm sick of staying out there while the smoke gets into my face and them swearing all the time. Its not something that I want to be around anymore. I've been around it too much that I just want friends that won't do that in front of me and will actually help me try to become better and have the same standards that I do. So, rather than staying outside with the girls I will read The Book Of Mormon and my patriarchal blessing. So much better than sitting outside with the smoke.

The Book Of Mormon has helped realize how much I do love the church and how to recognize the spirit. I had never really felt like that I had actually felt the spirit, but reading the BOM has made it more clear to me and the experiences that I hear about from other people help me as well figure out what the spirit feels like, to me. Its such a great feeling that I am so giddy about all of this. I just want to rush out and do something about it. I want to go somewhere and do something about it. I want my WHOLE life and EVERYTHING I do to be about the church and the gospel of which I am so proudly a part of. I love this feeling and I don't ever want it to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment