The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Road to my Dream

"You're only 18. You have your whole life ahead of you." The sound of my roommates voice assured me, just a little.

After months of being depressed and not doing anything with my life, I was on the verge of giving up. Nothing was working out; no job, nothing to do and drama. These things, plus much more, kept me from thinking positively. I thought that I couldn't succeed in what I wanted in life and I thought that I was the only person around.

I didn't realize that I was being conceited until someone approached me about it. That Friday afternoon I was in a mood. A mood of disappointment and hurt. I never thought that I would be noted as conceited. I was determined from that moment on, not to act that way.

The hour after those words, my roommates and I had a 'Roommates Inventory'. It is moments like this that I try to avoid. I don't do well with confrontations and this is exactly what it was. I was scared sitting there on the couch facing my two roommates. What was I supposed to do? Apologize for being so selfish?

As we started our long night together, tears began pour from my eyes. Our inventory consisted of what I wanted to do with my life, not to be too depressed and that they wanted me to be happy.

"You're only 18. You have your whole life ahead of you."

So the Road to my Dream begins. It starts with a simple word. Try.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed your post on Beloved Boyd's blog about considering a mission. If you are interested, check out my blog www.thirdwavemormon.blogspot.com and read my "Pieces of the Past: The Mission" posts (a series of 3) that describe in some detail my mission. I didn't realize/accept I was gay until recently (but the crushes I had on my mission companions should have been a clue). You might find it helpful.

    ReplyDelete